Multi-grain Mung Khichadi
Sattvic, three dosha balancing, heart healthy and super easy to prepare.. My all-time favorite comfort food, the go-to choice during intense sadhana and energetic imbalance, as well as after long trips away involving frequent eating out..
Write a review
- 1/3 cup each of quinoa, cracked wheat and brown rice
- 1/2 cup each of whole green gram and split mung
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups mixed greens (I used kale, spinach and mint)
- 1/2 tsp each of black pepper, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coarsely ground
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1-2 dried red chillies (optional)
- 1 generous tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Wash quinoa several times in tepid water separately. Wash other grains together. Keep aside.
- Easiest when prepared in a pressure cooker - on sauté mode, heat a tsp of EVOO and add a few black peppercorns and curry leaves, red chillies, celery and ginger. Sauté until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and sauté for 1-2 min and add 6-7 cups of water.
- Close lid and cook on choice of setting until tender.
- Open lid when ready, and mix in the greens.
- Serve hot.
- Best eaten in solitude and silence, savoring every mouthful
Heal Your Heart Free Your Soul http://healyourheartfreeyoursoul.com/