The delectable monk salad
Mung beans are my favorite to sprout - they are easy to sprout and burst with flavor "as is" or sautéed gently with spices. While I normally combine kale with quinoa for a filling meal, this salad substituting sprouts for quinoa is absolutely yummy!
Write a review
- 1 cup washed kale, torn into bite-sized shreds
- 1 cup freshly sprouted mung sprouts
- 1 tbsp peanuts (or almonds)
- Handful of cranberries/raisins or prunes
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half lemon
- Heat a tsp of EVOO, and sauté peanuts.
- Add half tsp each of fennel and ajwain seeds.
- Pour over kale-sprout mixture.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Toss well, making sure the kale is coated with the warm dressing.
- Fold in the craisins.
- Let mixture sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- A meal to be had in silence and solitude.
- Gratitude for life's bounty is sure to arise.
Heal Your Heart Free Your Soul http://healyourheartfreeyoursoul.com/